The CDA is an Executive Agency under the Ministry of Education, Youth and Information, headed by a Chief Executive Officer, and is supported by an Executive Management Team; organised along five (5) functional divisions. Since our inception in 2004, the Agency has steadily grown in capacity, now boasting a world class workforce who operate at various levels in the organisation. Because the agency offers a range of services to children and their families, we utilize the services of a number of professionals. Our host of qualified professionals cover areas such as psychology, sociology and social work; nursing; law; policy development; communications; teaching, training and human resource development; finance and accounting; project management and support services expertise.
The five functional divisions are:
- The Executive Secretariat comprises the offices of the Chief Executive Officer, the Legal Officer, Public Relations and Communications Unit and the Internal Auditor. The office of the CEO provides policy direction and oversight of the entire organisation.
- The Children and Family Programmes Division has the most direct interaction with children and their families in the child protection system, through its management of the child care facilities, and oversight of the Investigations Unit, and the regional offices. The Investigation Unit receives reports from the Office of the Children’s Registry, and carry out social enquiry investigations to determine the best interest of the children who have been abused, abandoned or neglected.
- Human Resources Management and Administration drives the recruitment, retention and development of the Agency’s workforce.
- Financial Management and Accounting Services is where the Agency’s budgeting, financial planning, and management occurs.
- Policy, Planning and Evaluation is the arm of the Agency charged with the responsibility of visioning; policy development and strategic planning. This division also has the primary role of collaborating with social partners, and coordinating special projects, as well as research and development.
The Executive Management Team
- Chief Executive Officer – Mrs. Rosalee Gage-Grey
- Director of Human Resources, Management and Administration – Mrs. Marlene Gooden (Actg.)
- Director of Children and Family Programmes – Ms. Audrey Budhi
- Director of Policy, Planning and Evaluation – Mr. Newton Douglas
- Director of Financial Management and Accounting Services -Ms. Michelle McIntosh
- Internal Auditor – Mr. Bandoley McLeod
The management and delivery of services is decentralized across four regions:
- South East:
Regional Director Mr. Robert Williams (Kingston & St. Andrew, St. Catherine and St. Thomas)
- North East:
Regional Director, Mrs. Norma Hill (St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland)
Regional Director, Mrs. Valerie Mohammed (St. Elizabeth, Manchester and Clarendon)
Regional Director, Mrs. Eunice Scott-Shaw (St. James, Hanover, Westmoreland and Trelawny)
The Agency is also guided by an Advisory Board.
The Agency is also assisted by a 16-member Children’s Advisory Panel which provides child-friendly advice to the agency’s Executive Managment Team.